Immigration Law

The Law Office of Tiffany L. Hamil provides professional, effective legal assistance and representation to individuals and/or businesses regarding their immigration matters. We work closely with our clients as partners and consider all appropriate avenues to achieve their immigration goals.


Congress has designated groups to which it gives preference in providing means to obtain permanent residence status in the United States. Congress designated the following family-based groups eligible for permanent residence:

Immediate Relatives of U.S. Citizens (immigrants eligible for immediate relative status).

Other Close Family Members of U.S. Citizens (immigrants eligible for classification in the 1st, 3rd, and 4th family-based preferences).

Spouses and unmarried sons and daughters of Permanent Residents (immigrants eligible for classification in the 2nd Family-Based Preference).

passport and immigration welcome guide


Congress has designated groups to whom it gives preference in providing means to immigrate in the United States.  The employment based groups are subject to a numerical limitation. Immediate family members may also immigrate with the employment based immigrant.

  • Employment Based First Preference –Priority Workers.
  • Employment Based Second Preference-Professional Holding Advanced Degrees and Persons of Exceptional Ability.
  • Employment Based Third Preference-Skilled Workers, Professionals, and Unskilled Workers.
  • Employment Based Fourth Preference-Certain Special Immigrants.
  • Employment Based Fifth Preference-Immigrant Investors.

Some employment based immigration indicated above requires the Employer and/or Agent to apply first for a Labor Certification with the Department of Labor.

N-400 Application For Naturalization

Legal Permanent Residents may apply for U.S. Citizenship if they meet the following requirements:

  • The applicant must be admitted to permanent resident status;
  • The applicant must have continuous residence in the United States for a minimum period;
  • The applicant must have been physically present in the United States for a minimum period;
  • The applicant must have the ability to read, write and speak ordinary English;
  • The applicant must have knowledge of U.S. History and Government;
  • The applicant must have good moral character;
  • The applicant must have continuous residence  in the U.S. from the date of the filing the naturalization application until actual admission to citizenship;
  • The applicant must have attained 18 years of age at the time of filing for naturalization (subject to certain exceptions);
  • The applicant must be attached to the principles of the U.S. Constitution.
    Some groups are exempted from other requirements under specified circumstances.

N-600 Application For Acquisition of Citizenship

Certain foreign born children may also acquire U.S. Citizenship, by birth or naturalization, if certain conditions are met. Different laws and qualifications are required depending when the child was born.


Visitor Visas (B1/B2 Visas)

Treaty Visas (E1, E2 Visas)

Academic Students (F1 Visas)

Representative of International Organizations (G Visas)

Temporary Workers (H1B Visas, H3 Trainee Visas, I Visas)

Foreign Students (J Visas)

Fiancées and Fiancés of U.S. Citizens (K Visas)

Intracompany Transfers (L Visas)

Vocational Students (M1 Visas)

Extraordinary Ability (O Visas)

Athletes, Athletic Teams, and Entertainment Groups (P Visas)

Religious Vocation/Profession (R Visas)

Book Appointment

(214) 369-0909

Call for legal service

See if we can help you with your immigration law needs

Call our office today and speak with an immigration attorney and see if we can help your case.